McDonald’s Opens at The Intermark to mark new memories following closure of Ampang Park
New restaurant incorporates new technologies and innovative customer service concepts to provide enhanced customer experience
On the 31st of December 2017 last year, McDonald's held a celebration to commemorate the sweet memories patrons of its Ampang Park restaurant had at the outlet over the last 28 years. A variety of fun-filled activities such as buskers’ performances, face painting and balloons sculpting for children were held as part of the celebration to mark the last day of the McDonald’s Ampang Park restaurant operations.
Customers also had the opportunity to cherish and capture their sweet moments for the last time through the numerous photography opportunities available at the celebration.
The McDonald’s restaurant at the Ampang Park Shopping Centre -- the first shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur -- was operational since June 1989 and will be closed effective January 1, 2018, as the entire mall will make way for an MRT project development.
Malaysians can now make new and fond memories of McDonald’s restaurant at The Intermark at Jalan Tun Razak instead. The newly opened restaurant provides a modern and enhanced customer experience, incorporating various new technologies and innovative customer service concepts. These include:
1. Self-ordering kiosks (SOKs) where customers can place their own orders and customise their meals according to their preference
2. Dual point service that enables customer orders placed through the SOKs or over the counter, to be picked up when their docket numbers are flashed on the screen, thereby eliminating long queues.
3. Cashless transaction convenience so that customers can easily pay for their meals using credit or debit cards.
4. Digital menu boards to showcase the current menu as well as new and upcoming promotions, which directly helps improve customer experience when ordering over the counter
5. High-speed WiFi connectivity for the benefit of its always-connected customers
6. USB mobile charging stations for customers to charge their mobile phones while enjoying their meals in the restaurants.
Melati Abdul Hai
McDonald’s Malaysia Senior Director for Marketing, Communications and Insights
McDonald’s Malaysia Senior Director for Marketing, Communications and Insights, Melati Abdul Hai said, the establishment of the restaurant at The Intermark is part of McDonald’s plan to ensure a seamless provisioning of McDonald’s services to customers in the area.
“Located across the Ampang Park Mall, customers who are either working or living in that area can still have their McDonald’s favourite without having to travel far,” she said at a ceremony to mark the official closure of the McDonald’s Ampang Park restaurant.
This is McDonald’s fifth restaurant to be equipped with enhanced customer experience facilities. Earlier this year, McDonald’s refurbished and upgraded its outlets at Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bangsar, KLCC and Section 3, in Shah Alam, into modern and technology-enabled restaurants.
McDonald’s is committed to transforming other McDonald’s restaurants nationwide with an investment of between RM 50 million to RM100 million over the next three to five years.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with approximately 35,000 restaurants worldwide, serving more than 70 million customers daily in more than 100 countries. With 35 years of presence in Malaysia, McDonald’s serves over 13.5 million customers a month at more than 265 restaurants nationwide. McDonald’s employs more than 12,000 Malaysians in restaurants across the nation providing career, training and development opportunities. For more information on McDonald’s, please visit www.mcdonalds.com.my.