FLAVOURFUL & HEALTHY
FRIED CAULIFLOWER WITH RAISINS
CHEFOLOGY & MCCORMICK
As an advocate of healthy eating, I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes and great cooking tips to feed my family. Exercising regularly and eating right can help you to maintain a healthy weight and avoid excess weight. We are always reminded of the importance of vegetables and fruits in our diet. Healthy diet foods to live by include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seed.
Having said that, for my recipe post cooking with Chefology and McCormick herbs & spices, I'm featuring a super healthy and delicious 'low-carb' recipe of 'Fried Cauliflower With Raisins'. This is one of my family favourite dishes I cooked from time to time where everyone loves it to bits.
I have included the step-by-step recipe here on my blog and hope you can try them out yourself. It's very easy and simple to prepare this dish as it took me merely 30 minutes to prepare. Try them out and I know you will definitely enjoy eating it as much as I do.
- 1 cup chopped Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground McCormick Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground McCormick Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground McCormick Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Chilli Ground (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Chillie, diced
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Black/White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Walnut, chopped
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles rice, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in a non-stick fry pan over low heat.
- Pour in the beaten egg and cook until cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side, flipping only once if required. Let cool before dicing into small pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, green chillies, raisins and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and eggs mixed well.
- Add McCormick Oregano, turmeric powder and black/white sesame seeds.
- Seasoned as desired with McCormick Black Pepper and McCormick Sea Salt.
- Continue stirring constantly until heated through and the cauliflower is tender about 2-3 minutes.
Must-Have - McCormick Herbs & Spices
McCormick Black Peppercorn, Sea Salt and Chilli Ground are the 'three good friends' any kitchen should not do without. It's convenient and handy when I needed some freshly ground black pepper to enhance the flavour of my dish. While sea salt is completely different from processed table salt as it's rich in trace minerals containing sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium, that are absolutely essential to good health. Guess it's time for you to switch to sea salt!
First time using McCormick Oregano Grinder - I just need to grind to release the fresh, robust aroma and flavour of fresh Oregano to enhance my dishes while cooking.
Variety Of Vegetables
Nuts, Spices, Seeds & Protein
Chopped Toasted Walnuts
1/2 Cup Onion, diced
1/4 Cup Carrot, diced
1/4 Cup Green Chillie, diced
1/4 Cup Raisins
1 Teaspoon Black & White Sesame Seeds
1 Large Egg
Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in a non-stick fry pan over low heat.
I'm using Chefology Nature Series 24cm Fry Pan for this recipe. With its non-stick marble ceramic coating, I need not use a lot of oil to fry my omelette. Once cooked, it just slides out from the frying pan, how amazing!
Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, ginger and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in carrots, green chillies, raisins and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in cauliflower and eggs mixed well.
Continue stir-frying to mix evenly.
Amazing Dish - So Full Of Goodness
Add McCormick Oregano, turmeric powder and black/white sesame seeds. Seasoned as desired with McCormick Black Pepper and McCormick Sea Salt.
Continue stirring constantly until heated through and the cauliflower is tender about 2-3 minutes.
Well, here you are - my super delicious and aromatic dish of 'Fried Cauliflower With Raisins' well-cooked with the help of Chefology Fry Pan with seasoning from McCormick herbs and spices.
This super nutritious dish is good-to-go for any time of the day - be it for lunch, mid-day break or dinner for the whole family to enjoy. You can improvise by adding more variety of your favourite veggies such capsicum, red chillies, celery, cucumber, zucchini or zest it up with mint or coriander leaves for the extra kick. Get some almond slices or pine nuts for topping, if you like.
🍳🍳 Happy Cooking 🍳🍳
You can also check out more recipes cooking with McCormick herbs and spices from my recipe blog post - 'Cooking Sesame Peri-Peri Chicken Wings'
Auntie Lilly's New Recipe With Sesame Peri-Peri Chicken Wings
For more information on key benefits and features of Chefology Nature Series Cookware, please visit Oasis Swiss Website or Oasis Swiss Facebook.
For more information on McCormick products, check them out McCormick Website
THE COOKING HOUSE
No 173 Jalan Maarof
59000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel 03 - 2202 3330
GBA CORPORATION SDN BHD
Wisma GBA 2
Lot 8 Jalan PPU 3
Taman Perindustrian Puchong Utama
Tel 03 8022 8889
OASIS SWISS SDN BHD
No 20 Jalan MJ 14
Taman Industri Meranti Jaya
Tel 8063 0608/ 8066 4508/ 8066 4608/ 8066 4708
Follow Me On My Facebook Page For My Latest Reviews
Follow Me To Eat on Instagram