Disable Copy paste

Monday 30 September 2013

No More Value For Money - Banana Leaf Rice@Sri Paandi (Sek 11) by FollowMeToEatLa

Latest Food Bill - Crazy Price Increased for all - Sri Paandi Restaurant in Petaling Jaya (South) Klang Valley
Latest Food Bill - Crazy Price Increased for all

This is my latest update of my makan trip to one of my favourite banana leaf rice restaurant in town. Although the food served here is still tasty, real authentic Chettinah dishes, I was taken by surprise with the price increase on my recent visit. Now, the basic vegetarian meal set costs RM 5.00 with an increase of 50 cents. You guys must be thinking that it's still okay as compared to many others places.


Basic Set RM5 + RM 1.50 + RM 2 = RM8.50 now - Sri Paandi Restaurant in Petaling Jaya (South) Klang Valley
Basic Set RM5 + RM 1.50 + RM 2 = RM8.50 now

The worst has yet to come. They got greedy as I think business getting too good for them, they started to charge for extra toppings or add ons of any vegetables dishes. The same goes for rice too! Good gracious me! :-(

You see, the RM 5.00 set now ONLY comes with 1 extra topping of rice & 2 toppings of any vegetables. Subsequent 'tambah nasi or sayur' comes with a charge of RM 1.00 onwards. Be careful with the papadoms too, I was charged additional RM 1 for asking for more papadoms! Besides that, the tairu or yoghurt are not longer part of the set as they are charging an extra of RM 1.50 per bowl.

Well, as far as I know (from this terrible experience) the only thing that have no extra charge are the curry fish, curry chicken or dhall gravies. I'm still quite mad with the whole new pricing. Boycotting Sri Paandi for the time being and I'm on a serious look out and hunt for another 'tasty & cheap' Chettinad restaurant to satisfy my cravings for Indian food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.